Freitag, Juli 13, 2007

Second Update Today!

Upping the daily average:

I've been working on the previous post for the last week. Man, was that a pain in the ass. Not only did I have to rewrite large portions of it, but every time I wanted to post it the internet connection seemed to go out here. Then I revised it, and it started all over again.

Also, you'll notice that the last post was heavily annotated. That's something I used to do on my other blog. It required much finagling (I had to edit the blog's source template, which is not fun). But I like being able to do that.

Also, Blogger's tools have been overhauled to complicate the process for me. When I copied local-page tags (they look like this -- < href = " # note1 "> -- the editor insisted on redirecting them to the editing page, not to the home page of the blog. And after I edited each link (there are 18 in the last post) and published, reopening the post for editing put the incorrect links back. Geez, guys. Not clever. Not at all.

Anyway, that's why it took two weeks to post a 700-word article.

Look for some pictures soon (hopefully in the next day or two).