Mittwoch, Juni 27, 2007

Quick Update

Ok,

Fifteen months without an update. Oh well, nothing too much to report.

For those of you who haven't heard, I'm doing a research project in Uganda. We got here last Wednesday night, so we've been here a week now.

This is a quick and dirty post to make sure I still had access to the blog and to put in a placeholder for you until I have time tonight or tomorrow to give a good update. Our bags did eventually arrive with the next flight in (we got them Saturday). The scanner works perfectly, so far. We're running into bureaucratic nightmares at the Library, but the CBR, another repository is being more tractible. And we may have found at least two other sources to get our material from.

*Whew*. On a personal note, I love this place. It's beautiful, the people are fantastic, helpful, and so friendly, I feel like I'm at home here. Beer is pretty cheap, and so are bananas. I miss all of you back home, but you'll be getting a full update from me later on this week.

Unless we go to Bugwere to visit with Ron's adopted family. I'll try to get something up before then.