Sonntag, Juni 19, 2005

Sociology Experiment!

On Friday, my bicycle got knocked over. It being a day On Which I Did Not Want to Go Outside (you know what I'm talking about), I didn't bother to fix this.

My reasoning at the time:
1) I'm not really worried about it
2) I know who did it, and I'm sure it was an accident
3) I expect this person to Right his or her Wrong

#3 has turned out to be a false assumption.

Not only has my bicycle not been turned upright, but all the other bikes that were knocked over at the same time have been righted! Is this some sort of anti-American statement? Is there some weird I'm-not-going-to-clean-my-room-and-you-can't-make-me thing going on here?

Now, I'm the kind of guy who would take the three seconds it would take to right the bike. Especially if I had knocked it over. So what's the deal, Germany?

It's now a sociology experiment. Let's see how long it takes for someone to fix the bike.

Hypothesis: It will remain on the ground until someone needs the bike-parking space for their (upright) bike.

Everybody put on your sociology caps. Here we go!