Montag, Januar 17, 2005

When Things Happen

An Italian frend of mine saw a huge cucumber in somebody's produce basket in the kitchen the other night. How did she react? By picking it up and holding it out in front of her. By telling me that it was "huge." By declaiming sodomizado! at the top of her lungs, for emphasis.(1)


I have run afoul of the Bamberg University's computer geeks. Apparently, I've disabled my account due to excessive incorrect logins, which probably means that I set my password to something screwey last year and my attempts to guess it locked out the account. This is stupid, because I can't think of a reason why I would have set an unusual password. Of course, it might have been something else that set it off. Like when I tried to access my email account 27 times, then realized that I didn't have an account on their servers because I had never requested one. Or the time I typed in the wrong password in the VPN manager 13 times in a row. Who knows? The point is -- no study guides for me this week.


-------Endnotes--------
1. This word is, of course, quite fun to hear in Italian.